Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins



Late in the summer, I decided I'd dye my hair back to my roots. My dark roots. My old lady mature hair looking roots....or so I've been told. It's been a few months of this "older" look, and I think I'd rather shave a few years off if damaging my hair is what it takes. Back to the blonde. Life's more fun when you're not acting your age, but at the age of 30, cold cereal seems a little too immature. But if there's one breakfast cereal that I go weak in the knees for, it's Cinnamon Toast Crunch.


Forget the milk, just give me a box and some old jeans to wipe my hands on...I love that stuff. If you'd rather act your age, however, I have just the recipe for you.


Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins


Preheat over to 350 degrees and coat a muffin pan with cooking spray.


In a large bowl, sift:

2 cups sugar

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour

1 1/2 t. baking powder

1/2 t. salt

1/4 t. nutmeg

1/8 t. cinnamon


To the dry ingredients, add:

1/3 c. butter, melted

1 egg, beaten

1/2 c. milk


Please, pretty please, do not overmix this batter. Stir just until combined. The batter should be a little bit lumpy, do don't worry if you see little clumps. Scoop batter into muffin tins. Fill each muffin tin about three-quarters of the way full with batter, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden. This recipe should make about 8 muffins. (I tripled mine for the gang at work in the morning.)


Once the muffins have cooked and cooled for a few minutes, carefully remove them from the muffin tin and allow to cool just until you are comfortable enough handling them. Trust me, you want the muffins to be warm for the final step.


For the topping, melt 1/2 c. butter in a bowl large enough to submerge the muffin in the liquid gold. After bathing the muffin in butter, transfer it to another bowl full of 1/2 c. sugar and 1 T cinnamon, mixed well. Coat the muffin in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and allow muffins to cool....or eat, immediately.


If you want to limit your sugary intake, or be REALLY mature, submerge only the top of the muffin in butter and then the cinnamon/sugar mixture.


Bake, eat, love!

Comments

  1. msk said: These sound delicious!!! Were they a big hit?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts