Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I wrote out some long stupid story about hiding vegetables in the dessert I fed my children.  Obviously it was a delusional story since I have cats, not kids.  Let's keep is short and sweet.  Here's the recipe.



Ingredients

3 eggs
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 teaspoons butter, melted
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (any can be used)
1/4 cup sugar

Over a fine meshed sieve, grate your zucchini.  The sieve will allow the excess water to drain out of the shredded zucchini.  It holds onto a lot of water, which will make your batter runny so trust me and drain your zukes.  I used 2 large zucchini from my garden and they yielded, after being thoroughly wrung dry, just over 2 cups.

To the shredded zucchini, add all remaining ingredients and mix well.  Lumps are okay, so don't expect this to be smooth.

Pour into greased and 2 floured bread loaf pans or 1 loaf pan and 12 muffin cups (lined).
Cook for 45 minutes at 350°F.
Muffins 25 minutes at 350°F.
I did the loaf pan (for work) and the dozen muffins (for the roommates) and find it to be a great option. 

Do not expect this to be at all like a dessert bread.  This is truly cake.  It's light, fluffy, and I really want to run downstairs and hoover the last 3 muffins.  Peace out.

Bake, eat, & love!

Comments

Popular Posts