7 Minutes in Heaven

No, this blog entry isn't about a teenage game (one I never played...really...truly...I promise, Mom), it's about one of my absolute favorite treats during the holidays. Read on, you'll thank me.

As I've gotten older, I've realized that some things around the holiday season are just not as important as they used to be when I was a child. I really do find a lot of joy in giving at the holidays, whether it's giving presents, giving time in service, or donating to a food bank (currently underway at work and having so much fun motivating my employees!). Giving really IS better than getting.

My management team at work is having a Christmas breakfast and we usually exchange gifts. Last year they got home made goodies, gift cards for restuarants, and cute calendars for 2010. This year, they're getting 100% home made, no, Dori made, presents. We're talking body scrubs, ginger cinnamon toffee, bread mixes, cookie mixes, lots of fun ideas from here. It would be easy to get them something like I did last year, but I'm going to have fun with personal gifts from the heart.

Among the gifts in my present list for this team will be a tried and true snack that they LOVE. I've thought, for years now, about a name that will appropriately reflect this treat, and it hit me, the last time I made it....7 Minutes in Heaven. Why, you ask, does it deserve THAT name? Well, it takes 7 minutes to make. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.






Pictures are courtesy of Mom's blog as I ate mine too fast to take any.

7 Minutes in Heaven

Recipe:
2 bags (8 oz. each) corn puffs, butter flavor only
1 lb. (4 sticks) butter
2 c. sugar
1/4 c. water

Place puffs in two large pans, bowls, or anything big enough to mix them in.

Mix butter, sugar and water in large heavy saucepan.

Bring to boil over medium high heat stirring constantly.

Boil for 7 minutes stirring constantly. You don't want the mixture turning a caramel colored brown, keep it looking like the picture above, unless you want a harder consistency.

Pour this delightfully, buttery concoction over the puffs and try to stir and coat well.
Make, eat, love!

Comments

  1. I've made this twice in the last week... and also did not take any photos due to immediate consumption. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts