Alexi Murdoch - All My Days


Four years ago, my love of live music dramatically changed. The Sundance Film Festival was in Park City, the guy I was dating had passes, due to his film company" to multiple events and concerts, and being the music lovers that we were, we had to go together. One event in particular, the ASCAP concert for musicians who had songs in the featured films, introduced me to some amazing artists: Alexi Murdoch, Rosie Thomas, The Bird and The Bee, and others that were less memorable. I fell in love with the music I heard and adored the musicians.

Alexi gave a quiet acoustic performance that made me swoon. Everything about Alexi Murdoch and his music is lovely. Mmmm. Alexi.

Rosie made me laugh hysterically, but not because she's funny. She's not. Her singing voice drew me in and it wasn't until she introduced herself after her first song that I had to stop myself from laughing out loud. When she talks, she has this little girly voice. I mean, she really sounds like a child. And it's adorable! The more and more she'd talk, the more and more I'd squirm....it just doesn't seem like THAT singing voice can come out of THAT speaking voice!

The Bird and The Bee. Wow. Inara George fronts this band and let me tell you, they know how to put on a show. The passion the band members have for what they do is obvious but their unique music style isn't for everyone. If you're a Hall & Oates fan, check out this album.

Mike and I had seats right up front and I'm sure that just added to the experience, but the best part of my ASCAP concert experience happened later on that night. At another Sundance event that Mike and I were at that same day, I turned around and there was Alexi. Be still my heart. later on, while walking through the crowd, there were the members of The Bird and The Bee. And none of them were "too cool" to talk to us.

I know, you're probably thinking that it isn't all THAT cool, but it is to me! My musicians are my ultimate celebrities. Seriously. Mike made fun of me a thousand times that night because my jaw would drop as an unknown or lesser-known musician would walk by. "Mike! Do you know who that is?!? That's ____________!" I got a little sick of hearing, "I have no clue who that is."

If you want to check out any of these three musicians, here are some suggestions:

Rosie Thomas--Let Myself Fall
Rosie Thomas--Pretty Dress
Alexi Murdoch--Love You More
Alexi Murdoch--Breathe
Alexi Murdoch--Orange Sky
The Bird and The Bee-My Love
The Bird and The Bee-How Deep Is Your Love
The Bird and The Bee-Again & Again

Watch, listen, and love!

Comments

Popular Posts