Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, and Spinach




It's not that I think lemons are gross or don't taste great, I just wasn't born with much of an appreciation for sour foods or beverages. That's probably why I can tolerate Meyer lemons. Thought to be a cross between a lemon and an orange, they have an amazing flavor and are superior to regular lemons. Mom has a Meyer lemon tree in her yard, so I might have confiscated a few during Christmas, and boy am I glad that I did after making the following dish. I've seen Jamie Oliver do pasta dishes with Meyer lemons, thus the inspiration.


The sauce is super simple, very easy, rather light, and unlike most cheese sauces on pasta. The lemon makes it so refreshing!



Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, and Spinach

1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
Juice from one Meyer lemon
½ cup mascarpone cheese
½ teaspoon salt
A few grinds of fresh pepper
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
½ pound spaghetti
2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach, washed, dried, roughly chopped
¼ cup Parmesan cheese

Combine the zest, lemon juice, mascarpone, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl. Whisk to combine.

Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, do not rinse, and return to pot. Set over low heat. Stir in mascarpone cheese sauce. Add the spinach and toss. Top with Parmesan cheese.

Comments

  1. I bought the marscapone cheese and will be making this tonight. I think I'll add some chicken on the side for SLK. MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts