Glazed Carrots



I've watched my share of cooking shows and have seen glazed carrots done on a level that exceeds my culinary ability, but this recipe, well, I can't think of an easier side dish.

Yesterday I hosted an Easter dinner with my siblings and their families, and one nephew in particular told me that he couldn't stop eating them. I should have doubled the recipe!



Wash and peel your carrots; cut on a bias 1/4-inch thick.

In a 12-inch saute pan, over medium heat, combine the carrots, butter, salt, and gigner ale. Cover and bring to a simmer.

Once simmering, remove the lid, stir, and reduct the heat to low. Cover again and cook for 5 minutes.

Remove the lid, add the chili powder, and increase the heat to high.

Cook, tossing occasionally, until the ginger ale is reduced to a glaze, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.

Pour into a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley, and enjoy!

Cook, eat, love!

Comments

  1. Sounds like this is a yummy dish. What a great meal you all shared. 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful..I love carrots! I love your header here too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie! I'm having way too much fun with changing the header up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts