Meyer Lemon Curd



Growing up in the Knight home, the Easter weekend was always a fun weekend. You see, the Easter Bunny came to our house on the Saturday before Easter Sunday, Bunny Day. He would make a special trip the day before Easter Sunday so we could spend our Sunday focusing on the resurrection of Jesus Christ, instead of on what kinds of goodies we'd find in a basket.

As a child I didn't recognize my mother's intent behind celebrating Easter in this fashion, but as I'm now older and wiser, I'm grateful that we had Bunny Day.

This weekend will be a special and holy celebratory weekend, and I'm grateful that I'll be able to spend it with my local siblings. I have a big menu planned, and among the several delicious dishes, we'll be having a Meyer lemon curd with Meyer lemons straight from Mom's back yard.

I've used Meyer lemons in another recipe on here and absolutely adore them for their sweet combination of tart lemon flavor married with orange. It's a beautiful fragrance and delicious taste.

Before yesterday, I'd only made lemon curd once....and hated the process. Most recipes call for a double boiler, an ice bath, a morar and pestle (Martha Stewart's version) and a candy thermometer, but this one requires a microwave. It's sooooooo easy!!!



In a microwave safe bowl combine juice, peel, eggs & sugar, beat with a wire whisk until smooth.

Add butter and microwave on reheat until thickened, stirring often (6-7 minutes approx.) My reheat setting on my microwave forces me to pick certain levels to reheat on. I chose the sauce level and stopped to stir every 45-55 seconds.

Store in the refrigerator, for up to one week, covered.

Cook, eat, and love!


Comments

  1. Oh yum...I could just eat it right out of the bottle! Have a nice Easter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did just that at breakfast this morning, Julie!!

    Happy Easter to you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out. And I already posted about our family favorite lemon curd recipe today too. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Please teach me how to "write" on photos on our blogs. Loved the blogover and that writing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER easy!!!!!!!! Go to www.picnik.com. Call me whenever you want to play around on there and I'll help you create fun headers on there. Or Lindsay can help you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts